Using schedules you can stop and start your cloud resources at specific times.
After creating a schedule you can attach it to:
- A single cloud resource such as a virtual machine (e.g. AWS EC2)
Creating and Editing Schedules
To create a schedule, click on the schedules item in the main menu.
This will take you to the schedule’s listing page.
To create a new Schedule, click on “+ Create New” button.
Clicking on the create new button will open the create schedule dialog box. In this modal window you can enter the below information:
- Name: A short name for the schedule. This appears on the cloud resources page.
- Description: Provide a description for the schedule.
- Enabled: By default, schedules are enabled. You can temporarily disable a schedule by un-checking this option.
- Schedule is created for: Save On Clouds allows users to manage their own cloud resources as well as the cloud resources of the other accounts, when that other account invites the user to do so. When creating a schedule you must specify whether this schedule will be used in conjuration with your own cloud resources, or with the resources of another account. By default, the “Schedule is created for” option is set to the currently logged-in user.
- Time Zone: The days and times that you specify in the scheduling panel (calendar) are based on the time zone that is seen in the time zone drop-down list. The time zone drop-down list is, by default, set to the current user’s profile time zone. If, when you open the new schedule window, the time zone is not set correctly, please go to the profile page and update your default time zone.
Defining the scheduling pattern
When defining the scheduling pattern, which dictates which days and times your resources will be ON, you can choose one of the below three frequencies:
- Hourly (default)
- 30 Minutes
- 15 Minutes
When you change the frequency, the size of the boxes in the calendar will change, however your current selection will be retained.
In the calendar:
- Green color means that resources will be ON
- Blank or white means that resources will be OFF
Click on save to save your schedules.
At any time, by clicking on the edit button in the schedules listing page, you can get back to this window and change your schedules.
Once a schedule is created you can go to cloud resources and attach the schedule to your desired entity.