Using Schedules you can stop and start your Cloud Resources at specific times.
After creating a Schedule you can attach it to:
- A single Cloud Resource such as a virtual machine (e.g. AWS EC2)
- An Environment
We recommend that you create Environments and then attach the schedules to the environments, rather than attaching them to single resources. This will reduce your administration and configuration overhead.
Creating and Editing Schedules
To create a Schedule, click on the Schedules item in the main menu.
This will take you to the Schedule’s listing page.
To create a new Schedule, click on “+ Create New” button.
Clicking on the “Create New” button will open the Create Schedule dialog box. In this modal window you can enter the below information:
- Name: A short name for the schedule. This appears on the Cloud Resources and Environments pages.
- Description: Provider a description for the Schedule
- Enabled: By default Schedules are enabled. You can temporarily disable a schedule by un-checking the Enabled option.
- Schedule is created for: Save On Clouds allows users to manage their own cloud resources as well as the cloud resources of the other accounts, when some other accounts invites the user to do so. When creating a Schedule you must specify whether this Schedule will be used in conjuration with your own Cloud Resources and Environments, or with the resources of another account. By default “Schedule is created for” option is set you the currently logged-in user.
- Time Zone: The days and times that you specify in the scheduling panel (calendar) are based on the time zone that is seen in the Time Zone drop-down list. The Time Zone drop-down list is, by default, set to the current user’s profile time zone. If, when you open the New Schedule window, the time zone is not set correctly, please go to the Profile page and update your default time zone.
Defining the scheduling pattern
When defining the scheduling pattern, which means on which days and times your resources must be ON, you can choose one of the below three frequencies (or ac curacies):
- Hourly (default).
- 30 Minutes
- 15 Minutes
When you change the frequency, the size of the boxes in the calendar will change, however your current selection will be retained.
In the calendar:
- Green color means that resources will be ON
- Blank or White means that resources will be OFF
Click on Save button to save your schedules.
At any time, by clicking on the Edit button in the Schedules listing page you can get back to this window and change your schedules.
Once a schedule is created you can go to either “Cloud Resources” or “Environments” and attach the schedule to your desired entity.
When a Cloud Resource such as a Virtual Machine has a Schedule attached to it, that Schedule will be preferred to the Schedules that are attached to Environments. If you want to control the up time of your resources by the use of Environments, do not attach a Schedule to a Cloud Resource directly.